[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Coding Period Week 6 Report
gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Sun Jul 12 11:44:22 PDT 2020
Here is my reports of this week:
- Tasks done:
- Exporting normals.
- Exporting of texture coordinates.
- Exporting of 3D terrain texture to a .jpg image.
- Added the terrain texture resolution parameter.
- Managing material file construction inside Qgs3DExportObject.
- Handling the scale of the exported model.
- Cleanup the code according to reviews.
- Switched from synchronous loading to using waitForFinished
functions to start loading entities in a background thread and
them to finish according to mentor suggestion.
- Saving the export dialog window settings and reloading.
- Exported Phong material settings of polygons and buffered lines to
the mtl file
- A textured DEM terrain exported to mesh lab: MeshLab screenshot
<https://imgur.com/2MOmeYJ> (how it looks in blender: Blender
- The .obj model for previous screenshots: terrain .obj model
- Vector layer on a flat terrain: MeshLab screenshot
- The .obj model for previous screenshots: vector layer .obj model
- Tasks to be done:
- Export other vector layer shapes.
- Handle materials for other vector layer shapes.
- Export different material for each object based on its 3D symbol
for rule based vector layer.
- Blocking issues: None
Any suggestion or feedback is always welcome.
4th year computer science and engineering student.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC