[SoC] GSoC- Mauro Carlevaro - Report week 2 - New rules for the Topology Framework in gvSIG Desktop

Mauro Carlevaro gianimauro at vera.com.uy
Sun Jun 14 16:39:51 PDT 2020

Dear Community, I send you the week report:

        * What did I complete this week?

            *

Test and debug the developed code.
                *

New datasets were created to continue testing the code. Furthermore, to test the limit cases that the algorithm must solve, datasets of points on the edge of the polygons limits were added. In this case the polygons are the departments of Uruguay.

The tests were successful.
            *

Test and document existing code more thoroughly.
            *

Weekly report.
        * What am I going to achieve for next week?

        *
            * Topological rule: Must not overlap with (Must not overlap line).
            * Analyze, design and develop required Classes.
            * Analyze, design and develop interactions with data sources.
            * Consulting in the gvSIG developers list about the new changes on the Framework.
            * Weekly report.

Is there any blocking issue?

No, there isn't blocking issue but I am progressing slower than I expected on implementation based on the time required to research about the new changes on the Framework.

With the guidance and support of the mentor Carlos Colombana, we were working on José Olivas' notice [1] about the changes in the topology framework, in which the ExpressionEvaluatorLocator was divided into two, one focused on the use of geometries and one for general use.

We investigate based on the information in the following articles:

            * Where are the sources in gvSIG Desktop? [2]
            * Revisión 44644 [3]

Based on these information, we will continue investigating the source code, classes and tests.

So in the code I add the new changes but they are commented because they are not working. In the next week I will continue consulting in the gvSIG developers list. I am working with the final version 2.5.0-2930. Perhaps it is because the change will be made from version 2.5.1.

In the code developed I already used ExpressionEvaluatorLocator to create the expression (self.expression). For the expression constructor (self.expressionBuilder) it is one of the parts of the code to which I referred it that was commented, GeometryExpressionEvaluatorLocator was added but it does not work, so it was commented.

Best,

Mauro Carlevaro.

Wiki: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_rules_for_the_Topology_Framework_in_gvSIG_Desktop_(_GSoC_2020_ )
Repository: https://github.com/Maureque/GSoC2020-topology-osgeo-gvsig