[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Linda Kladivova - Creation of a new GRASS GIS startup mechanism

L.Kladivova L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Fri May 15 15:45:31 PDT 2020

Dear SOC community,

I am Linda Kladivova, a master student of Geomatics from Czech Technical
University in Prague.

My project for GSoC 2020 called "Creation of a new GRASS GIS startup
mechanism"[1] is focused on the creation of a more user-friendly GRASS GIS
startup. The general idea is to make the initial user's contact easier.
While programming several tasks will be addressed - changes in Location
Wizard structure, Data Catalog as well as general GUI. The comprehensive
description is included in my GSoC proposal [2].

I will be implementing this codingĀ  through a GitHub GRASS fork [3] and will
be regularly updating the weekly reports on the project wiki [4], which will
show my regular progress.

I am very happy to participate in this project and looking forward to dive
into it!

Will be glad to receive any suggestions and feedback from the community. :-)

Regards,

Linda K.

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6062634991878144
(https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6062634991878144)

[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/18bVt_bjCDgy2v79Y68rf6-nJgz8
rTJkdkjbqN52YGmM/edit#heading=h.z80kwwj3ld9u
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/18bVt_bjCDgy2v79Y68rf6-nJgz8rTJkdkjbqN52YGmM/edit#heading=h.z80kwwj3ld9u)

[3] https://github.com/lindakladivova/grass
(https://github.com/lindakladivova/grass)
[4] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2020/StartupWindow