[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Belgacem Nedjima - QGIS 3D improvements

BELGACEM NEDJIMA gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Fri May 15 20:04:10 PDT 2020

Dear SOC community,
I am Belgacem Nedjima, fourth year computer science and engineering student
from Algeria.
I got accepted into this year's GSoC 2020 and I will be working on the QGIS
project.
My proposal is named QGIS 3D improvements
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dyszmpDlMpIV0T6oKEtIfCY5N2nXSp43LqF_h4U9p4A/edit>
and
includes extending the capabilities of QGIS 3D view. The main improvements
I want to make are :

   - Displaying textured 3D models on the map
   - Exporting 3D scenes
   - Implementing new 3D rendering techniques

I already started digging into the QGIS code base and I will be happy to
receive any suggestions. Feel free to contact me on discord if you want to
have a chat :-) (Username: RENZOU#1067).
I am very excited to start working on this project and I hope I can finish
all these features in time. Best regards,
--
Belgacem Nedjima
4th year computer science and engineering student.