[SoC] GSoC 2020 -Community Bonding Report

BELGACEM NEDJIMA gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Sun May 24 21:07:17 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,
You can find my report for the community bonding period in the project wiki
here <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Improving_qgis_3d>.

*Tasks done this time:*

   -
   - Making a plan for the implementation of various features.
   - Digging into the code base of QGIS 3D.
   - Discuss the implementation of texturing and the changes that will be
   made with mentors.
   - Defining the apparent issues with my current vision of the features's
   implementation.
   - Expanding my knowledge on shadow rendering and finding resources that
   may help with the implementation.

*Tasks to be done:*
- Experiment more with Qt3D.
- Define how the texturing of the vector layer properly.
- Expand on the shadow rendering techniques available and find the most
suitable for the project.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Best wishes,--
Belgacem Nedjima
4th year computer science and engineering student.
https://github.com/NEDJIMAbelgacem