[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Report Week 1 - Implementation of Edge Contraction technique in pgRouting

Rajat Shinde rajatshinde2303 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 03:03:58 PDT 2020

Dear Himanshu,

Thanks for your Week 1 report.

However, the report doesnot includes answers to *What do you plan on doing
next week?* and *Are you blocked on anything? *
Citing content from the OSGeo Google Summer of Recommendations for Students
page about Weekly reports [1] below:*(All Students should go through this
once again)*

Every week, by Sunday, we expect to see your weekly progress report posted
> to the soc at osgeo and the developer mailing list of your project. You are
> requested to send the report even if you didn't code because of exams or
> holidays, or any other reason. The report should to contain the title of
> the project in the subject, the link to your wiki page, the link to the
> public repository of your weekly commits and at least the answers to these
> 3 questions:
>
>    1. What did you get done this week?
>    2. What do you plan on doing next week?
>    3. Are you blocked on anything?
>
> These questions BTW are the same as are used in real-work, when developing
> with the Scrum Development process.
> If you want, feel free to expand your report, however this is the minimum
> required.

Also, the report is not updated on your project wiki [2]. Ideally, first
project wiki and repository should be updated and then the Weekly reports
should be sent to the SoC list for verification. It makes our task easy.

[1]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students#Weekly_reports
[2]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2020-Implementation-of-Edge-Contraction-Technique-in-pgRouting#week-1-june-1st---june-8th-1