[SoC] Community Bonding Period Report - Data transaction implementation on pygeoapi

Alex Mathew pingalex94 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:22:36 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

This is my report for the Community Bonding Period. I have read the
available documentation of the pygeoapi project and OGC API - Features -
Part 4: Simple Transactions
<http://docs.opengeospatial.org/DRAFTS/20-002.html> draft to start working
on the openapi document.

 *What I have done during this period?*
* Joined pygeoapi Gitter room

* Went through the current features of pygeoapi

* Went through OGC API - Features - Part 4: Simple Transactions
<http://docs.opengeospatial.org/DRAFTS/20-002.html> draft

* Forked <https://github.com/alex-mathew/pygeoapi> the pygeoapi GitHub
repository

* Introduced myself over the channel and shared my proposal over mailing
list for suggestions

* Created a wiki page for the project
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Data_transaction_implementation_on_pygeoapi>

* Updated wiki user page <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Alex-mathew> and
added my personal information

* Updated links on the wiki Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Accepted page
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Accepted>

* Discussed the expectations and development workflow with the mentors

* Discussed the openapi specification document with the mentors

* Started working on the openapi document

*What am I going to achieve next week?*

* Continue working on the openapi document

* Get periodic suggestions from mentors regarding the document

*Is there any blocking issue?*

None so far

This report has been updated in the project wiki
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Data_transaction_implementation_on_pygeoapi>
also.

Thanks,

Alex Mathew