[SoC] GSoC 2021 Week 7: Implement 3D Scene Visualization support to MapMint

Aniket Giri aniketgiri770 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 22:32:45 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,This is my report of the work done in the 7th week of the
Coding Period from July 19 – July 24.*This week I accomplished the
following:*

   - Added a volume to the mapmint container for accessing the template
   folder.
   -  Visualize the 3D Model locally, Working on loading the 3d Model in
   the mapmint container and visualizing it.
   - Understanding the Cheetah Templating system.
   - Currently creating a template file that will allow users to create a
   database and upload the data for visualization.

*My plans for next week:*
Next week I am planning to:

   - I will be creating a template to make a database connection to the
   Postgresql database for users to create the database.
   - UI for the user interaction.
   - Service that will fetch data from the UI and page and display the 3D
   model

*Am I blocked on anything?*
- No, I am not blocked on anything.*Related Links :*
Project page:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Implement_3D_scene_visualization_support_using_Potree_and_integrate_with_MapMint
User page: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:AniketGiri
Github Repository: https://github.com/AniketDGiri/mapmint/tree/gsoc_2021