[SoC] SoC] GSoC 2021 - Week 7 Report - Implement pre-sorting methods before GiST index building

Han Wang hanwgeek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:10:35 PDT 2021

Hi all,
I am here to share with you my Week6 report. You can also find it at [1]

Coding Week 7 (19th July - 25th July)
<https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/ImplementSortingMethodsBeforeGistIndexBuilding#CodingWeek719thJuly-25thJuly>

*Coding Phase *:

   - Check the implementation of GiST in Postgres
   - Test the Buffer hit and Execution Time of index query performance with
   random data

*Plans for next week*:

   - Do more detailed tests to figure out the reason for performance test
   results
   - Modify the hash functions

The test results are shown in the previous mail. You can check the mailing
list archive.If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know!

[1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/ImplementSortingMethodsBeforeGistIndexBuilding

Best regards,
Han