[SoC] GSoC 2021 - Week-1 Report: A new render type On the fly Raster Calculator for QGIS

Francesco Bursi francesco.bursi at hotmail.it
Sat Jun 12 10:10:55 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,
I'd like to share the report for the first week of the coding periodo: Week 1 June 7th - June 13th. You can find in [2] the main wiki page of the project and in [3] the branch of the forked repo in which you can find all the change I'm doing.

What I've done this week:

  *   Update with mentors: I received advices and some help;
  *   Move the provider I created from QGIS/src/core/providers/ to QGIS/src/providers/;
  *   Write a CMakeLists.txt to include the class I created and to target the libraries I will use in my class;
  *   Add, under mentors advice, a function to add the provider to the provider registry dynamically;
  *   Study the raster calculator and add some functionalities of the raster calculator to the new provider;
  *   Work on the test part, study the other existing tests and adding minor changes to the my test class;
  *   Create a PR to my personal main repo from the branch in which I'm committing the changes, in this way it will be easier to check the changes and add comments or advices [1];

Plans for next week:

  *   Add new methods to the test class;
  *   Refinethe prototyped class and add some checks in the methods I added;
  *   Have the meetings with mentors.

At the moment I'm not blocked on anything in particular.
If you have feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.
[1] https://github.com/Franc-Brs/QGIS/pull/3
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/A_new_render_type_On_the_fly_Raster_Calculator_for_QGIS#7th_June_-_13th_June
[3​] https://github.com/Franc-Brs/QGIS/tree/VRProvider

My best regards,