[SoC] GSoC 2021 Week 1: Implement 3D Scene Visualization support to MapMint

Aryan Kenchappagol aryan.kenchappagol at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 09:56:18 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,
This email serves as a report of my work in the first week of the Coding
Period.
7th June 2021 - 13th June 2021
Tasks performed:
-       Noticed an error in the r -cran.yml, which is a necessary file
needed during MapMint installation. So created a Pull Request for adapting
the change in the automated proxy file versions – update_r-cran_version.py
-       Setup MapMint successfully on my machine.
-       Read about different 3D file formats Cesium takes into
consideration for visualization
-       Created a documentation for setting up MapMint on OSGeo Live VM.
-       Gone through the Distiller and visualized some 2D GIS data on
MapMint.
-       Discussion with my mentors regarding development of project.Am I
blocked on anything?
No, I am not blocked on anything currently.Links:
[1] https://github.com/mapmint/ansible-roles/pull/10
[2] https://github.com/aryanxk02/mapmint/wiki/Setting-up-MapMint
[3] https://github.com/aryanxk02/mapmint
[4] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aryankenchappagol