[SoC] GSoC 2021 Week 1: Implement 3D Scene Visualization support to MapMint

Aniket Giri aniketgiri770 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 11:13:27 PDT 2021

Hi everybody,

I hope you are doing well.

Here is my weekly report:* Week One: 7th-13th June*

*What have I done this week:*

This week I accomplished the following:

   - I have successfully installed MapMint.
   - I have also visualized the shapefiles in MapMint and tried to
   understand how MapMint works.
   - I have also created the video for the visualization of the shapefile
   in MapMint.
   - I have made the script that stores the 3D data in tile format in
   cesium.
   - Created a simple front-end for the user to upload the file for
   visualization.

*Am I blocked on anything:*

   - Currently, I am not blocked on anything.

*Related links:*

   1. Project page:
   https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Implement_3D_scene_visualization_support_using_Potree_and_integrate_with_MapMint
   2. User page: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:AniketGiri