[SoC] GSoC - 2021 Introduction and Project Information

Aniket Giri aniketgiri770 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 03:48:25 PDT 2021

Hello Community Members,

I am Aniket Giri from India. Currently, I am pursuing Masters’ in
Geoinformatics from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB).

Below are the links to my GitHub [1] and LinkedIn profile [2].

Firstly, I would like to thank OSGeo and MapMint Community for recognizing
me and giving me this fantastic opportunity to work as a Student Developer
this Google Summer of Code 2021.

I will be working on the project titled:[3]

*"Implement 3D scene visualization support using Potree and integrate with
MapMint."*

In this project, I plan to add a 3D scene Visualisation support and
integrate it with MapMint. It will allow the user to visualize not only the
georeferenced image but also the corresponding 3D scene.

I will be using Potree which is a free, open-source WebGL-based point cloud
renderer for large point clouds.

I have completed the below tasks:

   1.  I have read the GSoC student's guide and OSGeo's specific
   instructions.
   2. I have forked [4] the MapMint's repository [5], where I will be
   working and making PR, and in the end, it gets merged to MapMint Repository.

I request community members to please provide me some feedback or
suggestions. I would love to discuss any suggestions and feedback about the
project.

I am excited and looking forward to achieving great things this summer.

Thanks,

Aniket Giri

[1] GitHub Link: https://github.com/AniketDGiri

[2] LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aniket-giri-323899b4/