[SoC] GSoC '22 proposal for Integrating ZOO-services with QGIS

Sandeepan Dhoundiyal dsandeepan995 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 19:13:00 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,
I am Sandeepan Dhoundiyal, a grad student at the Indian Institute of
Technology Bombay, India, working on machine learning and web-GIS
applications in planetary remote sensing.
I have some experience working on OGC-standard services during my master's
programme. During this time I developed clients to process WMS, WFS, WCS
(linked here <https://github.com/sdhoundiyal/WebGISProject>) and SoS
requests (linked here <https://github.com/sdhoundiyal/SOSProject>), and
recently I have been working with WPS.
I would like to put these skills to use and improve my understanding of
WebGIS, as well as give back to the community by contributing to the
ZOO-project through GSoC '22 by working on Integrating ZOO-services with
QGIS.
For this, I have prepared this
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DhZnEFW8BsezwcVt235hr2wH8HHxqzUdmLBZ1Qig4EI/edit?usp=sharing>
draft proposal. Please review it and suggest any improvements. I have
already shared the proposal on the ZOO-project/mapmint slack for their
comments.
Thank you.
Regards,
Sandeepan Dhoundiyal.