[SoC] Instructions for Packaging your Work and Final Submission Guidelines: Final Evaluation open Aug 21 - Aug 28, 18:00 UTC

Vicky Vergara vicky at erosion.dev
Mon Aug 21 12:23:56 PDT 2023

For pgrouting participants.
Sorry no internet no electricity today. I am sloppy with the cel phone.

Please start preparing your report Mail.

Important.
Need to rebase merge the work to the main repository.

Or at least have the branch with the final commits on a PR to pgrouting.
That is in order to give the final link in the mail report.
100% means it was merged.
100% means the PR is been done to pgrouting repository and needs to be
processed.
100% you failed to do the PR with the simple commits, but you made the PR
with all the history of commits. What is left to do,  is to be processed.
As the link can not be changed it will be squashed.
99% you failed to do a PR. What is left to do is make a PR.

More comments below.

Regards
Vicky

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023, 12:15 PM Ashish Kumar <ashishkr23438 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear OSGeo GSoC Contributors,
>
> *This email is very long, so please read it carefully as it contains vital
> information to help you package your GSoC program work.*
>
> The final evaluation and code submission deadline is approaching. The
> submission dashboard is now active and will remain accessible until August
> 28, 18:00 UTC. By now, you should have received an email from the GSoC
> Admins team regarding this important step. As indicated in the official
> GSoC 2023 timeline [1]:
>
> *Final week: GSoC contributors submit their final work product and their
>> final mentor evaluation (standard coding period): August 21 - August 28,
>> 18:00 UTC**.*
>>

> Given that all projects adhered to the standard 12-week length, the
> mentioned dates are applicable to everyone. We extend our admiration to
> each contributor for completing their projects within the standard duration.
>
> We hope that you enjoyed coding with OSGeo, and we are sure that you've
> gained valuable insights from your mentors and the vibrant OSGeo community
> . Your perseverance is truly commendable, a testament to the adage, *"When
> the going gets tough, the tough get going". *We are sure that you all
> must have your great stories associated with GSoC 2023. As we approach
> the finish line, it's time to focus on wrapping up and packaging your
> project for the final submission.
>
> According to Google [2], the basic requirements for code submissions are:
>
>    - It must be easy to identify the work you have done. (i.e. the
>    changes you made or new code.)
>       - When someone goes to the provided URL it should be clear what
>       work you did without requiring them to do significant additional digging.
>
> Wiki link and tag link and PR link

>    - It should be in a stable location. The URL cannot be changed after
>    submission.
>
> All three links are stable.

>    - Someone else should be able to use the content at (or referenced
>    from) the target of the link to extend your work.
>       - If your work is 100% complete, they should be able to use it.
>       - If your work is not 100% complete, it should be clear what's left
>       to do.
>
> If it has been merged, or it's a PR
Give link on installation of pgrouting.
If PR was not done
Give instructions on how to get the tag.
And again link to installation instructions.

> Furthermore, your final report must be shared with the SoC mailing list.
> The report should have the following:

Don't forget everything has to be in the mail.
If you worked you wiki you should be able to grab things from there to here.