[SoC] GSoC 2023: Week 04 Report: Getting ready with ZOO-Project for the OGC Compliance Testing.

Koushikey Chhapariya chhkoushikey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 11:29:27 PDT 2023

Hello Everyone!

This is my weekly report for the ZOO project (17th June- 23rd June). The
list of tasks is summarised below:

   - We tried running the test for OGC API Processes - Part 1: Core using
   IUT [1] to check if ETS works with the web browser using the team engine on
   the local server. We had 3 failed tests. To debug the error in the failed
   tests, we tried following steps:

   1. Copy the failed test name and search the test module in the local
   directory. For ex. If we have error for test Job Results Exception Results
   Not Ready, we can search the file and error line         number using
   command: grep test Job Results Exception Results Not Ready -rni ./
   2. To debug, we add System.out.println("Error Message") to the error
   file [2]. For ex, in my case it was
   ‘C:\Users\hp\ets-ogcapi-processes10\src\main\java\org\opengis\cite\ogcapiprocesses10\jobs.java.’
   3. Modify the jobs.java and copy the modified source code in the docker
   folder. (For ex.
   C:\Users\hp\ZOO-Project\docker\ets-ogcapi-processes\src1\ets-ogcapi-processes10\src\main\java\org\opengis\cite\ogcapiprocesses10\jobs)
   4. Build the docker using the command 'docker build . -f
   docker/ets-ogcapi-processes/Dockerfile --progress plain -t
   zooproject/ets-ogcapi-processes10:latest' [3]
   5. run ‘docker-compose up -d’
   6. run ‘docker-compose logs zookernel’
   7. run ‘docker-compose logs teamengine –follow’ to view the real-time
   logs

   - We documented these steps in the ZOO project GitHub issue [4] to
   address the similar queries previously raised [5].

What am I planning to do next week?

   - After debugging [6], we will try to resolve the error with the failed
   tests

Am I blocked on something?

   - It takes time to debug, as much documentation is not available.

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome.
A detailed version of the report can be found on the Wiki Page of the
Project [7]

[1] http://zookernel/ogc-api/
[2]
https://github.com/opengeospatial/ets-ogcapi-processes10/blob/master/src/main/java/org/opengis/cite/ogcapiprocesses10/jobs/Jobs.java
[3]
https://github.com/ZOO-Project/ZOO-Project/blob/main/docker/ets-ogcapi-processes/build.sh
[4] https://github.com/ZOO-Project/ZOO-Project/issues/53
[5] https://github.com/opengeospatial/ets-ogcapi-processes10/issues/51
[6]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UIgVO-5g450wQhI8FMPD-NUq5qLuaz9n/view?usp=sharing
[7] https://github.com/Koushikey4596/ZOO-Project/wiki/Weekly-Report:-Week-04

Koushikey Chhapariya
Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE)
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
https://sites.google.com/view/koushikey