[SoC] GSoC 2023 - Community Bonding Period Report

Aniket Agarwal aniketgarg187 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 20:58:46 PDT 2023

Hello everybody,

I am writing this email to provide an update on the work I have completed
during the Community Bonding Period, which spanned from May 4th to May
28th.

The following tasks have been accomplished:

   - introduced myself and my project to the community through the mailing
lists [1] and [2].
   - updated the OSGeo Accepted Students wiki page [3] to reflect my
involvement in the project.
   - created a public repository [4] where I will be actively contributing
throughout the Google Summer of Code period.
   - Additionally, I established a wiki page [5] where I will regularly
update weekly progress and provide reports.
   - thoroughly studied the GSoC students guide and familiarized me with
OSGeo's specific recommendations for students.
   - participated in an introductory meeting with the mentors, where I
received guidance on creating the reports and understanding that effective
communication is the key.
   - familiarized with the coding style and development practices followed
by pgRouting.

*What did I plan to do the next week?*
   -  As there are some changes in the Idea mentioned in the issue [6].
   - So will understand the codebase of the function line by line to see
where the changes are required.
   - Discuss the doubts with mentors regarding the function implemented.

* Am I blocked on anything?*
   - I currently do not have any blocking issues and can proceed with my
tasks smoothly.

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,
Aniket Agarwal

[1] Community Mailing List 1: [
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2023-May/005000.html]
[2] Community Mailing List 2: [
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-dev/2023-May/002426.html]
[3] OSGeo Accepted Students Wiki Page: [
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2023_Accepted]
[4] Public Repository: [https://github.com/Aniket-debug/GSoC-pgRouting]
[5] Weekly Work and Report Wiki Page: [
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2023-Implementation-of-the-pgr_yen-with-all-the-overloads-and-deprecation-of-the-pgr_ksp