[SoC] Community Bonding Report - Implementing Dijkstra’s Driving distance Function and its migration

Aryan Gupta guptaaryan1010 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 11:22:42 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

This is my report for the Community Bonding Period, detailing the tasks I
completed during this time.

**Community Bonding Report (May 4 - May 28) **

I accomplished the following tasks during the Community Bonding Period:

- Introduced myself and my project in the soc mailing list [1] and
requested feedback or suggestions on the project.
- Added the links to the wiki page and the public repository in the
OSGeo Accepted Students' wiki page [2].
- Created my GSoC project wiki page in the pgrouting repository, where I
will be regularly updating the weekly reports [3].
- Studied Google's GSoC students guide and the OSGeo's
specific instructions.
- Studied the relevant developer manuals and materials related to pgRouting.
- Met with the mentors and the core developer of pgRouting, to discuss
the final name of the function in this project [4], some possible
additional works.
- Got familiar with the pgRouting’s development style,
documentation, coding and testing standards, workflow, under the guidance
of mentors.
- Built pgRouting locally, tested it using the sample queries, and set
up the development environment in preparation for coding.

**What did I plan to do next week? **

- Watch the twitch [5]
- Try to get a deeper understanding of the original code and identify where
the modifications will happen.
- Create a basic skeleton for C, C++, SQL code, and for documentation
and tests.

**Am I blocked on anything? **

- No, currently I don't have any blocking issue.

The repository can be found in [6]

I would appreciate any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may have.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2023-May/005008.html
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2023_Accepted
[3]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2023-Implementing-Dijkstra%E2%80%99s-Driving-distance-Function-and-its-migration