[Southeast-US] Hello From Pennsylvania

William McGullam gullymcbillam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 07:34:11 PDT 2019

Good Morning,

My name is Bill McGullam and I recently subscribed to the QGIS mailing
lists for USA. I am a total newbie when it comes to working with any of
this, I ended up with QGIS a month ago while in search of a better program
for me to create custom maps and have been learning through trial and error
(many errors haha)

      QGIS is way more advanced than I had ever thought while I was
downloading the program and waiting on the install. After a month or so of
YouTube videos and "googling" things to get me along, but I am accepting
defeat and accepting the fact that I need some guidance here!

      I've got a map with a few layers (waterways, grasses, fields, roads
etc..) and I have been trying to import this to my phone using QField and I
tried using the app LocustGIS as well but I cannot figure out where I'm
going wrong. I haven't had enough time to learn it and the file I've
created would be fantastic to have on my phone this week. I will leave a
link at the bottom to the file/s via Google drive and if I'm missing
something perhaps someone can walk me through it once.

     I've read some the 3.4 user guide and seen many YouTube videos but
does anyone know of a good place or website or books.. heck I'll even take
classes to learn this program, just seeing what other people do in the area
of work has me at 30 years old considering changing my career path!

    Thanks for reading my novel and thanks in advance to anyone that helps
shed some light here for me.

Cheer!

William McGullam

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uc4pN3CWffZ_UokEh7ssALmcJVxV7DB8

^^ Link is 100% safe, I don't know if we have rules against links like some
forums can so Ill apologize now ^^