[Spanish] [Fwd: GI_Forum 2009: Call for Poster Submission and Participation]

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Fri Apr 3 04:03:24 EDT 2009

Por si interesa a alguien.

Saludos,
Lluís

-------- Missatge original --------
Assumpte: 	GI_Forum 2009: Call for Poster Submission and Participation
Data: 	Thu, 2 Apr 2009 17:51:45 +0200
De: 	<Adrijana.Car en sbg.ac.at>
CC: 	<office en gi-forum.org>, <Petra.Jenewein en sbg.ac.at>

(Please accept our apology for cross-posting)

Dear colleagues

Please find below the Call for Poster Submission and Participation for
GI_Forum 2009.

We would highly appreciate if you could distribute this Call in your
professional environment.

Sincerely

Adrijana Car & Petra Jenewein
GI_Forum Team

*GI_Forum 2009**
*Call for Poster Presentation and Participation**

*http://www.gi-forum.org/*

The Geoinformatics Forum Salzburg (GI_Forum) is scheduled for July 7-10,
2009, at Salzburg University, Austria.

* *

*Audience*

GI_Forum focuses on an international audience that shares an interest in
Applied Geoinformatics. This Call for Papers aims at researchers who
design, develop and apply advanced methods and techniques of
Geoinformatics to a broad range of application domains.

*Themes & Application Fields*

We solicit papers on emerging and established topics and research
outcomes related to Geoinformatics methodology. By no means exhaustive,
the list of symposium topics includes advanced geospatial data
acquisition; advanced spatial analysis and knowledge extraction;
advanced visualisation and cartography, geo-ontologies; distributed and
mobile services; and dynamic modelling and simulation.

GI_Forum 2009 would also like to attract contributions pertaining to
these specific topics:

·        *Digital Cities
*are meant to provide collaborative environments built upon a fine
resolution 3D digital city and its infrastructure in presence and
future. We welcome contributions about conceptual and computational
solutions in this application area.

·        *Sustainable Environments
*Developing and managing our natural, societal and technical
environments in a sustainable way is one of today's major challenges.
This includes the generation of renewable energy as well as integrated
approaches to mobility and regional development and the use of
geoinformatics as an indispensable set of tools.

·        *Global Monitoring - Observing, Understanding and Visualizing
Planet Earth
*Global initiatives such as Global Earth Observation System of Systems
(GEOSS) and the EU-ESA joint programme Global Monitoring for Environment
and Security (GMES) provide the open stage for creating, developing and
implementing a range of EO-based information services. They build on
cutting-edge technology in data integration and processing,
spatio-temporal analysis, information extraction and visualization while
clearly oriented towards users' needs.

·        *Learning with Geoinformation
*We encourage contributions discussing various issues related to
geoinformation in education. The bilingual conference on Learning with
Geoinformation will host such contributions in sessions shared with
GI_Forum and in cooperation with the Herodot network. These
contributions will be published in separate proceedings.

*Abstract Submission*

Submissions are expected in English language according to the formatting
guidelines published on the conference website.

·        Deadline for submission of /full papers for oral presentation
and publication in the conference proceedings; and extended abstracts
for discussion sessions: *now closed*./

·        Deadline for submission of /extended abstracts for poster
presentation: *June 5, 2009*/.

We accept online abstract submissions only at http://www.gi-forum.org/

*Participation*

We accept online registration only at http://www.gi-forum.org
<http://www.gi-forum.org/> (SYMPOSIUM -- registration contribution).
Early registration deadline: */May 25, 2009/*

We are looking forward to your contribution!

Conference Chair: Josef Strobl

Programme Chair: Adrijana Car
GI_Forum Team: Petra Jenewein
office en gi-forum.org <mailto:office en gi-forum.org>