[SriLanka] Sri Lankan CRS in QGIS 2.0.1

Vivien Deparday vivien.deparday at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:45:48 PDT 2013

Malika,
that is great news, thank you to the people involved to make this happen.
Did you manage to use it? What OS are you using? Windows?

Because, I just tried on Mac OS X and Linux and I couldn't find it in QGIS.
However, I am able to find it in the underlying libraries like PROJ and
GDAL so there is an issue with QGIS picking it up. I am talking with one of
the QGIS lead dev to try to sort it out.

Also I wanted to make another quick note for other users, there are two
Kandawala reference systems [1] [2].
5234 is a projected coordinate system using the Kandawala datum and 4244 is
a geographic coordinate system (not projected) using the same datum.

Cheers,

Vivien

[1] EPSG: 5234: http://www.spatialreference.org/ref/sr-org/7765/
[2] EPSG: 4244: http://www.spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4244/