[SriLanka] Invitation - Formalizing the OSGeo Sri Lanka community activities

Nimalika Fernando nimalikaf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:31:07 PST 2017

Dear all,

As you may already aware, FOSS4G Asia -2018 will be held in Sri Lanka ,
hosted by Town and Country Planning Department, University of Moratuwa. It
will be held on December 2018. In order to support organizing the event
with the international community, we are in the process of “officially”
form OSGeo Sri Lanka chapter.  In the long run, I hope it will strengthen
the Sri Lankan Open source GIS community and provide a strong platform to
move forward.

Still, we will be the same community of course.

We had one initial meeting to start the work on 19th October 2017 and an
interim committee is appointed . In a AGM to be held after initial process,
a committee would be formally appointed

The next meeting of OSGeo community in this regard will be held on
Wednesday, 15th November at TCP, University of Moratuwa at 4.30 p.m.- 7.00
p.m. The main focus of the meeting is deciding on chapter guidelines etc

You all are invited to join this meeting of your community and your support
is highly appreciated.

The details will be updated in the OSGeo Sri Lanka Chapter wiki page (
still under construction) soon.

Thanking you

Nimalika