[OSGeo-Standards] OGC name for a tile cache

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:37:47 EST 2007

On the Mapbuilder list, have been debating the name of the OGC name for a tile cache, in particular, how we should reference it in a OWS Context document.

We have heard rumours that Tile Cache will be called OGC:WMS-T.

Currently we reference a Tile Cache as:
    <Layer queryable="0" hidden="0">
      <Server service="OGC:WMS-C" version="1.0.0" title="Tiled Cache">
        <OnlineResource xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0"/>
      </Server>

I realise Tile Cache is not an official OGC standard yet, but we already support it, are about to release a version of Mapbuilder, and would like to ensure our Context documents are backwardly compatable.

So could we please get clarification on the naming convension which is planned to be used.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally