[Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Standards] OGC name for a tile cache]

creed at opengeospatial.org creed at opengeospatial.org
Mon Dec 10 08:46:18 EST 2007

Peter is correct that WFS-T etc has become an easy way for folks to
express whether they are dealing with a WFS that is read only or a WFS
that also supports transactions. There is no standard OGC naming
convention for such ad-hoc extensions to the names of OGC standards.

As to the draft tiling service documents, from an OGC process perspective,
there is no official name for the tiling interface.

Regards

Carl