[Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Standards] OGC name for a tile cache]

creed at opengeospatial.org creed at opengeospatial.org
Tue Dec 11 05:26:58 EST 2007

One of the OGC documents approved for public release is the Tiled WMS
Discussion Paper. A Discussion Paper is not an official position of the
OGC. A Discussion Paper is released for information, discussion, and
comment. The Tiled WMS paper represents one proposal for how tiling should
be handled when using a WMS. There are obviously other approaches, many of
which have been discussed in the OGC WMS Revision Working Group.

The URL to the OGC Discussion Paper page is
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/dp

Scroll down until you find the document.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Carl