[OSGeo-Standards] Initial OWS Context

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Fri Nov 2 07:37:49 EDT 2007

All,

I've posted an initial 0.2.1 OWSContext doc at:

http://devgeo.cciw.ca/ms_tmp/owsContext-test.xml

The resulting map is a simple global map of one WMS and one WFS.  I
would like to make a more elaborate document, to expose various
functionality (styling, scale deps, etc.), but finding an AOI and
suitable data (WMS and WFS, GML, etc.) is a bit tricky.

Having said this, if anyone has any layers, or context docs to help this
example, that would be great.

I believe our initial exercise (assuming clients can ingest the above
example successfully) is to define a OSGeo web mapping-ish extension to
support non-OGC bindings.  So the first thing to define is a namespace
uri and prefix.  I'll throw in the first attempt:

prefix = osgwm
uri    = http://www.osgeo.org/webmapping/0.1

..Tom