[OSGeo-Standards] WMS Context used to define a web portal

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Wed Oct 24 12:43:03 EDT 2007

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> Make any sense?  I haven't worked with deegree (what did they do to
> context?  Examples?) or GeoServer in awhile, but I do recall some
> XML-based defs they had for configuration.

Deegree had some kind of "portal" application; but rather than define
their own XML format they took WMS Context as a base and used the
extension section to describe page layout of all sorts of non map
widgets. The end result often had very little to do with a Map; but was
able to say it was an "OGC standard" ;-)

Jody