[OSGeo-Standards] Re: How to extend OWS Context forseveralspecific cases

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Oct 24 09:31:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've uploaded a version 0.2.1 of OWS Context to:

http://www.ogcnetwork.net/schemas/owc/0.2.1/owsContext.xsd

Changes:

- allows for an extension within owc:ResourceListType
- adds @id to owc:AbstractResourceType
- add sld:MinScaleDenominator and sld:MaxScaleDenominator to
ows:GeneralType
- adds owc:MaxFeatures to owc:FeatureTypeType
- adds multiplicity to owc:ServerType, and @default to deal with
associations within an owc:AbstractResourceType

If I were to analogize this with a, say, MapServer mapfile, the OWS
Context as is would be to define remote data connections.  For local
data connections, this is where I think the community-based extension
definition would be handy:

<owc:Extension>
 <osgeo:LocalLayer>
   <osgeo:Name>foo</osgeo:Name>
   <osgeo:Data>/path/to/data.shp</osgeo:Data>
   <osgeo:Type>gml:Polygon</osgeo:Type>
   <osgeo:CRS>init=epsg:4326</osgeo:CRS>
   <osgeo:style>
    <osgeo:SLD>/path/to/style.sld</osgeo:SLD>
   </osgeo:style>
 </osgeo:LocalLayer>
</owc:Extension>

Make any sense?  I haven't worked with deegree (what did they do to
context?  Examples?) or GeoServer in awhile, but I do recall some
XML-based defs they had for configuration.

Cheers

..Tom