[OSGeo-Standards] Re: How to extend OWS Context for severalspecific cases

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Oct 24 07:33:18 EDT 2007

I don't see this as duplicate effort.

If I understand correctly, we are looking to develop a way to share a
web mapping application configuration, which includes bindings to data
sources, and maybe other items (styling, templates, etc.) ?

If OWS Context suppports Extensions, then the goal here would be to
define an Extension grammar (in XML, GeoJSON, whatever), which is then
applied to OWS Context.

Having said this, I do know that OWS Context and KML are being discussed
as a possible harmonization item, but I'm not aware of where that is at
as far as a decision.