[OSGeo-Standards] WMS-C and Capabilities

Satoru Takagi sa-takagi at kddi.com
Wed Aug 27 02:29:27 EDT 2008

Hi all,

There seems to be the considerable difference between the function that
is necessary for a tiling server and the function of the WMS server.

The simplest tiling server can be achieved even by the simple file
system (For example, mere httpd without CGI, servlet, PHP..) which
stored tile files and metadata.

Therefore, I think that the spacifications for tiling server should be
designed based on simpler mechanism (the basic URL based web) rather
expansion of the functions and its specifications of a dynamic server
such as WMS.

Regards,

Satoru Takagi

Jody Garnett さんは書きました: