[OSGeo-Standards] SVG Map Toolkit 0.7.0 released

Satoru Takagi sa-takagi at kddi.com
Tue Oct 7 21:08:41 EDT 2008

Hi Daniel,

SVG Map Toolkit is not an open source. Its openness is the
specifications which it is based on. SVG Map Toolkit is based on SVG 1.1
Tiny.
Openness of specifications of the W3C including SVG is improved by its
royalty-free policy. On the other hand, for example, it is not
guaranteed with the specifications of ISO.

Especially, SVG Map Toolkit supports Geographic Coordinate System
specifications of SVG1.1.  And probably it is the only implementation to
realize layering based on it and hyperlink.

Because there are not so much the demand in Japan though it is
technically possible, implementation on non-Windows platforms excluding
BREW is not still examined.

Regards,

Satoru Takagi

Daniel Morissette さんは書きました: