[OSGeo-Standards] Re: Use of logo for clickable icon

Raj Singh rsingh at opengeospatial.org
Thu Jul 16 15:27:35 EDT 2009

Hi Dave. Unfortunately I don't have very good answers for you. OGC has
no conformance testing programs for clients. This is a known hole in
our offerings, but no one has suggested a clear, cost-effective
strategy for doing client testing. We're open to ideas on this.

Also, we don't have a nice way for you to advertise that your product
implements OGC standards if it's not certified. Our existing policy on
the use of OGC marks is here:
http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/policies/trademark/

I see that Quantum GIS is an OSGeo project. We have an MOU in place
with OSGeo, and it would be a great contribution if OSGeo could do
some work in this area and suggest some sort of policy in this area.

-----
Raj Singh
Open Geospatial Consortium
rsingh at opengeospatial.org