[OSGeo-Standards] GeoServices REST specification (ESRI)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:36:29 EDT 2011

Following on from Bart's comments,
I suggest that when assessing how to incorporate the GeoServices REST
specification, that it be valued from the "Cost to Implement &Migrate"
for developers.

In order to encourage take up of standards, we need to ensure the full
suite of standards are easy to use. Which means should aim to avoid any
situation where a developer will need to chose between one standard or
another similar standard, or worse, be expected to support multiple
versions of the similar things.