[OSGeo-Standards] JSON in OGC standards

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Thu Jul 26 20:33:49 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Carl Reed <creed at opengeospatial.org> wrote:
> Most of the OAB questions were related to the use of JSON and JSON schema.
> There was a question/comment related to GeoJSON and the REST API. While
> there is currently no relationship, there is no reason that GeoJSON could
> not be used in the future or that the approach used in the REST API could
> enhance GeoJSON.

Thanks Carl. To clarify the existing OAB comment, is there any reason
that GeoJSON could not be used in this initial approach?

The issue with waiting for a future version would be the need to be
backwards compatible with the first version as specified in the "Core"
document section "iv".

I am concerned about this issue as well. Now is the time to make sure
the spec comes out and is as good as possible, even if it is just a
small kernel of what the end result will be. It is much easier to
extend the specification than it will be to modify and support dual
implementations of something as fundamental as the geometry encoding.

Andrew

--
Andrew Turner
t: @ajturner