[OSGeo-Standards] Standard File Format for the Exchange of Network Topology

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Wed May 30 08:01:52 PDT 2012

Landon -

Perhaps make sure that the model you define is consistent with the topology
model as defined in ISO 19107? This way, you will be consistent with other
standards, such as GML and CityGML, that use the 19107 topology model. 19107
topology is itself based on topology as mathematics and also computational
topology (which can be quite complex!). Obviously, you are concerned with
just network topology. However, be careful as network topology in
electronics means one thing and for geographers modeling road networks quite
another.

I guess what I am suggesting is to at a minimum use the same terms and
definitions and edge/node model for 2d network topology as defined in 107.

Thanks and regards

Carl