[OSGeo-Standards] [RESTful-Policy.SWG] Encodings and REST

Jeff Harrison jharrison at thecarbonproject.com
Mon Oct 22 08:20:03 PDT 2012

The central issue has been pointed out by others before, and that was ->  It's difficult find anything in the GeoServices proposal that's not already in the OGC standards or that couldn't easily be added to existing OGC standards.  The proposal has some good merits and there’s nothing inherently horrible about it.  The main problem is that the OGC already has developed specs for doing what it wants to do.  Adopting the GeoServices proposal would be a drastic change in the current direction of the OGC standards, with little or no gain.

(or words to that effect)

Regards,
Jeff