[OSGeo-Standards] [TC-Discuss] [OSGeo-Discuss] Live DVD and OGC standards - GeoPackage

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Tue Jul 9 16:37:00 PDT 2013

All -

If you have questions or issues related to GeoPackage, then please ask the SWG directly!  They have worked hard and long, have detailed every decision with excellent backup notes (such as the decision regarding SQL-Lite and many more). I wish I could answer in detail - maybe Raj or someone from the SWG can.

Also remember that one of the key use cases for GeoPackage is support of first responders, war fighters, and others in a disconnected environment in which transaction updates may also be required. http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/geopackageswg And OpenStreetMap could be just one data source for populating a GeoPackage - along with many other potential content sources.

Cheers

Carl