[OSGeo-Standards] Was: "file" formats. Is: GeoWeb

Rushforth, Peter Peter.Rushforth at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Jul 11 08:11:26 PDT 2013

Peter,

I guess the Architecture of thw World Wide Web [1] is as close to normative as
I can come for that.  It doesn't actually use the term "REST", but that term
was coined to describe that architecture, and is defined in chapter 5 [2],
specifically under section 5.1.5 [3].  It has nothing to do with how you
compose your URLs.  I hope this helps?

Regards,
Peter

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#hypertext