[OSGeo-Standards] OGC XML schemas and FOSS4G softwaredistribution

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 10:44:19 PST 2015

Hi Scott,
Here is where I see this conversation stalling (on this list that I follow):

On 24/02/2015 6:00 am, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> On 02/23/2015 05:09 PM, Scott Simmons wrote:
>> OGC staff have been watching the conversation and we have discussed internally how we might better meet the needs of this community.
>> I’ll get our license experts in touch with the FTP Masters this week.
>> We truly want to do whatever possible to ensure that OGC licensing is not a hurdle!
> Thanks for your willingness to join the discussion with the Debian FTP
> masters!
>
> Please keep the OSGeo Standards and Debian GIS lists in the loop.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

It sounds like it might be worth revisiting, and potentially drawing
upon relationships we have within OSGeo, UbuntuGIS and DebianGIS to see
if we can escalate.

I suspect Bas might be able to call on a favour or two, or we might be
able to call upon the OSGeo Board to reach out.

Who are the people within OGC to talk with about this?

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager