[OSGeo-Standards] Any OSGeo topics to discuss OGC Technical Meeting next week?

Carl Reed carl.n.reed at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 14:06:31 PST 2015

Bas

Define "free". All OGC official documents are available RAND RF. They are
free. I helped write the OGC IPR policy so let me know what questions or
concerns there might be.

Thanks

Carl

On Thursday, November 26, 2015, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> On 26-11-15 06:56, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> > The OGC has technical and planning committee meetings in Sydney (my home
> > town), next week, 30 Nov - 4 Dec 2016.
> > http://www.opengeospatial.org/event/1512tc
> >
> > I'm hoping to bump into some of the OGC attendees while in town. (In
> > particular there is a GeoRabble event I will be at).
> >
> > It might also be a good chance to talk about any OSGeo/OGC collaboration.
> >
> > In particular, is the OGC interested in including the TEAM certification
> > engine on OSGeo-Live? We have just kicked of the build process for our
> next
> > release, and now would be an opportune time to discuss including the
> > application.
> >
> > Also, we have previously discussed integrating OGC Standards
> documentation
> > with OSGeo-Live documentation. Is the development of documentation of OGC
> > standards still progressing?
> > It might be a good chance to discuss that too.
>
> If the OGC documentation is licensed under the terms of the OGC Document
> Notice this is problematic due to the non-free nature of the license.
>
> I'd like to know if OGC has been able to get in touch with the Debian
> project to discuss the issues with the OGC Document & Software notices.
> There hasn't been any public progress since this was last discussed on
> this list ('OGC XML schemas and FOSS4G software distribution' thread).
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas
>
> --
>  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
> Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Carl Reed, PhD
Carl Reed and Associates

Mobile: 970-402-0284