[OSGeo-Standards] OGC Personal Memberships

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 16:57:11 PDT 2017

Hi Even,

This is OK by me.

It is good to see that these OGC Memberships are becoming so popular within our community.

It shows the value that we place in them, and from my viewpoint is very encouraging to see.

I can see that this demand for the OGC memberships will only increase, so it may be prudent for us to set some ground rules for future memberships, to help us as a community to select the best people to represent us within the OGC community.

At a minimum, I think that we will need to start insisting on regular updates as per the current requirements.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate selection process?

Do we keep the current ad hoc process, membership slot by membership slot?  Or do we just call for expressions of interest once per year, with a process to fill positions that may become vacant during the year?

We do need something open, to cater for a situation where a member of the selection committee wishes to take up a membership as I recently did.

I’m interested in your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Bruce