[OSGeo-Standards] glossary discussion on osgeo-standards ....

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:04:35 PDT 2019

Gobe, Carl, Scott,

I'm keen to hear the OGC weigh in on the geolexia approach being
proposed. (Ideally before weighing in on the good questions below). In
particular, I'd like to hear discussion about whether the OGC might
adopt a similar approach, or set of processes, or adopt the same
technology stack. I feel we wouldn't have done our due diligence if we
were to propose advice to the OSGeo community without first getting
endorsement from the OGC.

I think ISO TC211, the OGC, and OSGeo are key players here, and it would
be good to have us all singing from the same songbook.

I'm also listening for lessons that we can take from the geospatial
domain into general documentation guidance for all open source (and
other) domains, through TheGoodDocsProject I'm helping set up.

Cheers, Cameron

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254