[OSGeo-Standards] glossary discussion on osgeo-standards ....

Ronald Tse tse at ribose.com
Mon Sep 30 16:58:45 PDT 2019

Hi Cameron,

Not to speak for Gobe and Scott — from my understanding, OGC operates the OGC Naming Authority which is way more powerful. Its role not only covers glossaries but also naming assignments and code lists (similar to what IANA does). It also provides semantic web output like RDF and TTL. There is a defined process on updates managed by Gobe's group.

Geolexica handles simple glossaries to serve terms and definitions under the terminology schema used in ISO (term, definition, notes, examples), without needing a server it keeps costs and maintenance minimal.

We have been discussing with Gobe on how we could add Geolexica terms inside OGC NA in an automated way, but haven’t had the time to make it happen yet. Maybe we should do that soon...

Kind regards,
Ron

_____________________________________

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.