[OSGeo-Standards] GeoLexicon (OSGeo Glossary) pilot kicking off

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:04:10 PDT 2020

+lexicon at lists.osgeo.org <lexicon at lists.osgeo.org>

Carl,
I'll answer your question in the generic sense. "How does any community
decide what is a defined term or not?"
I think there are two types of terms here:
1. Terms we have decided to inherit from another official glossary.
2. Terms we define within our community.

I'd suggest that each community should adopt a process for defining and
managing terms. In most cases, this process would be based on a guiding
template which we are yet to write. However, communities are welcome to
customize their own process if they wish.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google