[OSGeo-Standards] Input required from OSGeo Standards List Members

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 17:55:50 PDT 2021

Dear Standards List Members,

We have approximately 160 members subscribed to this mailing list.

I assume that you have subscribed to the Standards list as you have some interest in Open Spatial Standards.

We have an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of open spatial standards with the proposed new Memorandum of Understanding between OSGeo and OGC.

To date, I have been disappointed at the very limited community input into this process.

This is your opportunity to drive what we do with open spatial standards. Don’t wait for others to do the work for you.

I call on all list members to provide some feedback to this list on:

what inspired you to subscribe to this list;
what you want from being a member of this list; and
your review of the proposed new OSGeo/OGC MOU (see context below).

Please don’t be shy, there are no right or wrong responses!

Kind regards,

Bruce