[OSGeo-Standards] Update on Proposal to accept OSGeo / OGC MOU

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Wed Oct 27 07:34:52 PDT 2021

Thanks for the updates.

Regards,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329
http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
________________________________
De: Standards <standards-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> en nombre de Bruce Bannerman <bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com>
Enviado: miércoles, 27 de octubre de 2021 0:58:48
Para: standards at lists.osgeo.org
Asunto: [OSGeo-Standards] Update on Proposal to accept OSGeo / OGC MOU

This is an update on where we are with the proposed OSGeo/OGC MOU.

  *   The results of our list discussion on the proposed MOU was sent to the OSGeo Board.

  *   The OSGeo Board discussed the issue and notes are at [1]. We will need to discuss these issues raised by the OSGeo Board once we agree on the proposed MOU.

  *   Members of the OSGeo/OGC MOU team subsequently discussed the more contentious aspects of the proposal regarding requesting OGC to extend their trademark fee license waiver to OSGeo Projects as per [2].

  *   In Summary, Scott advised us that the OGC Planning Committee were NOT prepared to extend the Trademark License Fee waiver as it would have flow-on implications for all other Not For Profit entities that do pay Trademark License fees.

  *   Considering that the proposed OSGeo Associate Membership under the proposed MOU is a very welcome development and significant improvement over the current situation, the OSGeo/OGC MOU team are of the view that we can accept the proposed MOU as described at [3].

  *   I will send a follow up email in the next few days to seek input from this list so that we can formalise this position.

Kind regards,

Bruce

[1] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/80#issuecomment-9799

[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/standards/2021-September/001277.html