[OSGeo-Standards] Input required from OSGeo Standards List Members

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Sep 2 05:15:19 PDT 2021

Bruce Bannerman <bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com> writes:

> The context and link to the proposed OSGeo/OGC MOU may be found in Tom Kralidis’ email here:
>
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/standards/2021-August/001251.html

I found that really hard to follow.

First, there's the problem of using google docs.  I find that
unacceptable in the open source community, because of proprietary
software and tracking by an advertising company.  I suspect many (but
not all) people in the osgeo community are also not happy about that.

I asked for a pdf of the propsoed MOU, because presumably that's the
form it would be adopted in, as a document of record.

I see some notes that could lead to a draft that could then be proposed,
but I don't see a "proposed MOU".

So if there is text that is actually proposed to be adopted, please put
it someplace not on google, as pdf, so that the *proposed MOU* can be
reviewed.

If there isn't yet actual proposed text, that's fine -- but please call
notes toward a draft soemthing else.

Sorry to sound difficult (except for about google docs :-) but I am
really unable to understand what is going on.