[OSGeo-Standards] kickoff meeting of OGC Committee

Rob Atkinson ratkinson at ogc.org
Tue Nov 15 23:22:10 PST 2022

Hi

I'm not sure exactly what is appropriate re my role here as both a long
term OsGeo charter member and OGC staff, however I am actively involved in
exploring how to make OGC standards more accessible and more useful, and am
keen to provide support and get feedback from the OsGeo community.

Perhaps the best thing is to offer an in-depth workshop on what we are
putting in place and your feedback.  We have new resources on board
dedicated to project support, and as facilities evolve we will make them
generally available to the OGC community.  Probably after a month or so we
could perhaps kick this off and do a quarterly meeting to compare notes?

In the meantime I'm reluctant to get in the middle of OsGeo deciding what
it wants out of this opportunity - but happy to share my personal
perspective.

Rob Atkinson
*Senior Research Engineer * | Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
Mobile: +61 419 202973
ratkinson at ogc.org | ogc.org | @opengeospatial

Sign up for OGC News
<https://ogc.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=704e02f81107a6caab1568067&id=4e4528fd9d>