[STDM-user] Example setup

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 03:50:56 PST 2014

Dear John,

Thanks for your answer.

I'd love to see the UML schemas.

Actually I'm quite stuck about how to start. I managed to install the
plugin with the standard modules (thanks to you answer in the other
thread), and am now able to enter some data :

*Parties*
I get how to enter data in the "party" table, which is quite clear.

*Households*
Then, there is the "household" table, which I don't really understand.
There seem to be no relation between "party" and "household" ?

*Social Tenure Relationship*
At some point, I try to add a new Social Tenure Relationship. I can choose
from the list one of the parties that I created, but then have to choose a
property. At this point I found nothing referring to properties in the UI,
and the properties list is empty.

I tried to create some polygons in the spatial_unit table (manually added
to the QGIS project from the postgis database), expecting those to appear
as "properties" in the social tenure relationship form, but they didn't.
I just realized afterwards that once the layer was added, I could use the
"Create spatial unit" button instead of the native QGIS create polygon. But
when finishing the polygon, I get a python exception :

> NameError: global name 'spatial_editor_widgets' is not defined

*Supporting documents*
I guess those enter in the game at the moment where a social tenure
relationship is defined, so I didn't enter any yet.

I understand that the default setup is not really intended to be used as
is, since the idea is to customize the tool to match specific needs. But it
would really help if it was possible to see the tool in action using the
default setup.

Then, I'd have some additional questions :

- Does the tool allow for some database level enforcement of administrative
constraints ? (for instance : you can't modify information/shape about a
property as long the issued document for this lot hasn't been unvalidated)

- Does the tool implement a revision history or other strategy to watch
each agent's activity and detect or rollback frauds/mistakes ? (store
timestamp, author and content of each modification)

Thanks again,

Olivier Dalang
*urbaMonde*