[STDM-user] Problems with STDM out of the box

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 08:17:44 PST 2014

Dear list,

I've trouble using the STDM plugin with default setup.

I run QGIS 2.6.1 and Postgres 9.3. I installed STDM by :
- checking out the stdm-plugin repo (master) in my plugin's directory
- running template_stdm_database.sql in a fresh postgres database (from the
stdm-database repo)

I encountered a small SQL error :

> ERROR:  rule "geometry_columns_delete" for relation "geometry_columns"
> already exist

Which I solved by adding "OR REPLACE" on the rules creations.

Then, when opening QGIS and logging in the SDTM plugin (using the postgres
admin account), I get this message :

> Mapper Mapper|Party|party could not assemble any primary key columns for
> mapped table 'party'

I don't know if it's serious, but then, when I try to add content through
the [+] button in Modules>Household, I get an empty form with only "ok" or
"cancel".

Note that I tried to install using the normal install, but had a message
"Installation has failed". The error log was empty...
Anyways, I'd rather use my already existing QGIS/PostGIS installations.

Any idea on what's happening ? Is template_stdm_database.sql (from the
stdm-database repo) up to date ?

Thanks a lot,

Olivier Dalang